Pimsleur Language Learning
This is a review of the Pimsleur Language Learning method. Read this
review and try
to decide if this method is suitable to help
you learn Russian, or any other language of your choice.
About the Pimsleur Language Method
Pimsleur is an audio language learning product developed by Dr Paul
Pimsleur, a linguistics expert who conducted research into the
psychology of language learning. The Pimsleur products have been
developed based upon Dr Pimsleur's research, with the learning
technique aimed at giving language learners the ability to learn
languages in the shortest time possible.
The Pimsleur language programs are not about memorizing or translating,
but about learning grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation in a natural
and interesting way.
aim is for students to be successfully conversing about everyday
situations with native speakers of the language in just 30 days.
Key Features of the Pimsleur Language Programs
- Audio only
- Each lesson is short (30 minutes) to help you focus and learn
that topic most effectively
- The listener interacts with an expert teacher and a native speaker
- The listener participates with spoken practice throughout the
- Lessons are structured so that vocabulary, grammar and native
pronunciation are learned in a natural way.
- Focus is on conversational use rather than memorizing words
The Russian language is one of a number of languages available in the
Pimsleur range. There are 5 Pimsleur Russian products currently
different levels of proficiency.
review of Pimsleur Russian products.